We have a shared vision
We (pupils, staff, governors and parents) want a school where:
- Everyone aims high and is confident in who they are and who they can be.
- We support each other and relationships are built around trust.
- Everyone feels safe, respected and valued.
- Effort is rewarded through praise.
- Everyone has a voice and people listen.
- Learning is fun and exciting.
- New people and ideas are welcomed.
- Individuality and achievement is celebrated.
We have an agreed set of values
- We believe in the power of teamwork to make improvements.
- We believe in a positive learning environment.
- We believe in encouraging good and fair behaviour, self-discipline and respect.
- We believe encouragement leads to personal growth.
- We believe in equality; everybody counts.
- We believe that individuality is a gift.
- We believe in honesty being the best policy.
- We believe that children's best interests should be at the heart of all decisions.
- We believe that children should be empowered to be involved in their own learning and challenged to achieve all they are capable of.
We strive to reflect our vision and values through the following aims:
- To offer high quality learning experiences that are stimulating and fun.
- To create a supportive atmosphere that promotes motivation, resilience and perseverance both inside and outside the classroom and to help develop an enquiring mind.
- To maintain effective relationships with parents and the local community through good communication, partnership and teamwork.
- To create a modern, lively and stimulating learning environment where everyone wants to learn.
- To support parents and pupils through the sharing of information and the use of effective systems to respond to individual needs appropriately and pragmatically.
- To promote high standards of behaviour within a secure, caring environment which fosters in children an awareness of the responsibilities to themselves and the environment.
- To teach children the skills, attitudes and values necessary to live in a global society.
Our Targets This Year
In our school this year:
- We aim for all children to have high aspirations for their future.
- We aim to help every child to understand positive and healthy relationships.
- We aim to use new and exciting ways of teaching.
- We aim to help all children to try their very best to achieve.
- We aim to help all children enjoy reading.
- We aim to make our curriculum exciting and learning fun.
- We aim to make sure our school is a safe place.