At Bowmandale Primary School, we provide our children with a curriculum that is designed to be flexible, engaging and exciting so that their unique needs, passions and interests are embraced. Every child is an exceptional individual and we celebrate and respect differences within our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge and values that equips our children for their future successes. We inspire our children to become accomplished, happy individuals, ready to reach their full potential in an ever-changing world.
Our EYFS curriculum is driven to: recognise children’s prior learning and experiences, provide first hand learning experiences, allow the children to develop interpersonal skills, build resilience through our ‘Growth Mindset’ approach and become critical and creative thinkers.
- Work in partnership with our parents and carers to promote independent, confident and enthusiastic learners who thrive in school and make at least good progress from their various starting points. (We belong to a tightly knit community where we promote positive relationships and attitudes to learning where we enthuse aspiration for both children and their parents).
- Plan for our children’s interests and provide opportunities throughout our EYFS curriculum to support learning, consolidate and deepen knowledge and ensure children meet their next steps.
- Provide our children with a wide range of rich, first hand experiences to take the curriculum beyond the classroom.
- Foster the development of each child’s character, personal development, health and wellbeing preparing them to make a valuable contribution to society.
- Provide purposeful, enticing and well planned indoor and outdoor environments which supports learning in all areas of the curriculum.
- Prepare children to reach the Early Learning goals at the end of the Foundation Stage and ensure children make at least good progress from their starting points.